PRIORITY LOANS LTD AND PRIORITY LIFE LTD
PUBLICLY AVAILABLE INFORMATION
NZ Financial Services group Limited (FSP286965) holds a license issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice. Priority Loans Limited – trading as Priority Home Loans (FSP754771) and Priority Life Limited (FSP765672) is authorized by the license to provide financial advice.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF ADVICE
Priority Home Loans Limited provides advice to our clients about their mortgages and Priority Life Limited provides advice to our clients about life and health insurance. Our Financial Advisors provide financial advice in relation to these financial advice products.
We only provide financial advice about products from certain providers:
In providing you with financial advice, we will only consider existing term life, trauma, income protection and health insurance policies (if any). We will not provide advice on existing whole of life or endowment products, so you will need to consult a specialist if you would like advice on those products.
Anyone within our business giving advice is bound by and supports the duties set out in the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013. These duties are:
• Meet the standards of competence, knowledge, and skill and the standards of ethical behaviour, conduct, and client care set out in the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Providers.
• Give priority to your interests.
• Exercise care, diligence, and skill.
On settlement of a loan or issuance of a risk policy, we usually receive commission from the applicable product provider. The commission is generally of an upfront nature but may also include a renewal or trail commission. We also receive a ﬁxed rate roll over fee from some product providers if we assist in reﬁnancing your loan.
This commission is used to remunerate the ﬁnancial adviser that provides the advice, and to pay the expenses associated with running our business including any rent, staff costs and IT resources. From this commission we also pay NZ Financial Services Group Limited for services they provide to us in connection with our authorisation under their license from the Financial Markets Authority.
We take steps to ensure that the receipt of commissions does not inﬂuence the advice we give to you and that our advisers prioritise your interests by recommending the best product for your purpose regardless of the type and amount of commission we or they may receive. We do this by:
- Ensuring our advisers follow an advice process that ensures they understand your needs and goals and that their recommendations on insurance cover meets those needs and goals.
- Ensuring our advisers receive regular training on how to manage conﬂicts of interest.
- Providing you with a schedule showing commission amounts and types by product provider. This schedule is contained within each Financial Adviser’s personalised Disclosure Guide. A Financial Adviser will provide you with more information about commissions during the advice process.
FEES AND EXPENSES
Generally, we do not charge you any fee for the advice and transactional solutions that we provide to you. This is possible because, on settlement of a mortgage or issuance of a risk insurance policy, we usually receive commission from the applicable product provider as described above. There are two exceptions to this general position which are explained below
We may charge you a one-off fee in the following situations:
(a) No commission: If you request that we provide services in relation to a product or service and we do not receive a commission. Any such fee would be agreed and authorised by you in writing before we complete the services and would be based on an estimate of the time spent providing the advice.
This may arise in the rare event that you request that we provide Services in relation to either a product that is offered by a provider that we do not hold an accreditation with, or a product that is outside our usual arrangements with our product providers.
(b) Repayment of commission: If a product or service provider requires that we repay commission within 27 months of settlement of your mortgage or issuance of your risk insurance policy. Any such fee would be no more than $2,500 (plus GST) and would be calculated based on a rate of $250 (plus GST) per hour of the ﬁnancial adviser’s time spent providing services to you in connection with the applicable mortgage or insurance. The fee charged will not exceed the amount of commission clawed back from the lender.
Should we need to charge you a fee, you will be invoiced and will be given 30 days to make payment.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
If there are any conﬂicts of interest apart from commission that could potentially inﬂuence the advice that we give, these will be shown in your Financial Adviser’s Disclosure Guide.
If you have a complaint about our service, you need to tell us about it. You can contact our internal complaints service by phoning us on 07 959 1851 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading Complaint – (Your Name).
Please set out the nature of your complaint, and the resolution you are seeking. We will acknowledge receipt of this within 24 hours. We will then record your complaint in our Complaints Register and notify our Licence Holder. We may want to meet with you to better understand your issues.
We will then investigate your complaint and provide a response to you within 7 working days of receiving your complaint. If we need more time to investigate your complaint, we will let you know.
If we cannot agree on a resolution you can refer your complaint to our external dispute resolution service. This service is independent and will cost you nothing and will assist us to resolve things with you.
Details of this service are:
Financial Services Complaints Limited
Phone: 0800 347 257
OUR COMMITMENT TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY
We understand how important it is to protect your personal information. This document sets out our privacy commitment in respect of personal information we hold about you and what we do with that information.
It is important to us that you are confident that any personal information we hold about you will be treated in a way which ensures protection of your personal information.
WHO ARE WE
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When we refer to personal information we mean information that identifies, or is capable of identifying, you. This includes, for example, your name, date of birth, address, contact details, account details and occupation.
If you engage us to provide services to you, we may collect personal information about your financial situation or goals in order to recommend mortgage and insurance products that we are permitted to advise on (Products).
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information for the purposes of our and relevant third parties’ services and relationship with you (refer to section 9 below: “Who do we disclose your personal information to?”). For example:
- Responding to your requests or inquiries;
- Providing services to you (e.g. to enable us to recommend Products to you);
- Sending communications and direct marketing to you about products and services we think may be of interest to you (whether through mail, telephone or electronic means (including email and SMS/MMS);
- Market research; and
- Any other purpose authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may ‘opt out’ at any time by notifying us.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Generally we will collect your personal information directly from you. For example, we collect your personal information directly from your use of our website and the information that you submit to the website. We also collect your personal information if you use the “contact us” functionality on our website and you provide the personal information during conversations between you and us.
We may also collect your personal information from:
- NZ Financial Services Group Limited (NZFSG) and its related bodies corporate;
- Credit reporting agencies;
- With your authorisation, banks (e.g. through the use of illion Bank Statements) and employers;
- Product Providers (e.g. during the term of any loan or insurance we have arranged on your behalf, in order to answer your queries or assist you with your financial arrangements as your circumstances change). If applicable, the Product Providers may also periodically disclose your loan balance or premium to us in connection with the payment of ongoing commission to us over the term of your loan or insurance; and
- Any other person authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
If you provide any personal information about anyone else to us, you confirm that you have collected that personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and that the individual concerned has:
- Has been informed of their right to access and request correction of their personal information.
8. Updating your personal information
We will generally rely on you to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate. If any of your details change, please let us know as soon as possible by contacting us.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
We may disclose your personal information to the following people if we consider it necessary to do so for the purposes described in section 6 above:
- NZFSG and its related bodies corporate;
- Product Providers and other prospective lenders, third parties or other intermediaries in relation to your finance or insurance requirements (including a prospective lender’s mortgage insurer (if any), any person with whom a lender or insurer proposes to enter into contractual arrangements, any person who provides a guarantee or security and any trustee and any assignee or potential assignee of a lender’s or insurer’s rights);
- Our referral partners who can help you with other services;
- Contractors or service providers;
- Investors, or any entity that has an interest in our business or any entity to whom we consider assigning or transferring any of our rights or obligations or selling all or part of our business;
- Anyone who we are legally required or authorised to share your information with, including regulators and government agencies;
- To auditors (such as NZFSG) to ensure we are providing services to you that are in your best interests, and in accordance with current regulations;
- Your employer and referees, as well as credit reporting and identity verification agencies; and
- Any other person or entity authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
You acknowledge and agree that credit reporting agencies may hold your credit information (including default information) on their systems and use such information to provide their credit reporting services, which may include providing your credit information (including default information) to their customers.
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that the person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment.
DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE OUTSIDE OF NEW ZEALAND?
We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside New Zealand.
We may also disclose personal information to NZFSG and its related bodies corporate, and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
Cookies and IP addresses
While our cookies do not collect personal information, if you submit your name and email address as part of your usage, then we will link that personal information with the cookies information that we have previously collected from you.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Links and third party advertisements
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. Our website may also display advertisements, which are hosted by third parties.
We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website or advertisement providers and we are not responsible for other privacy policies or the content of any third party website or advertisements. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
ARE YOU REQUIRED TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US?
You are not required to provide any personal information to us but if you choose not to it might affect our ability to provide services to you and your ability to obtain finance, insurance and other Products from Product Providers.
In most circumstances it will be necessary for us to identify you in order to successfully do business with you. However, where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will offer you the opportunity of doing business with us without providing us with personal information, for example, if you make general inquiries about interest rates or current promotional offers.
You may choose to interact with our website anonymously, but we will not be able to contact you unless you provide your personal information.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access and request correction of any of the personal information that we hold about you at any time by contacting us. We may charge a fee for our reasonable costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you.
Meet our lenders
Compare 20+ mortgage options & check eligibility saving you time/ money